Stress Urinary Incontinence Treatment in Men | San Antonio, TX
LeRoy A. Jones, M.D., a urologist in San Antonio, Texas, leads an educational seminar about the treatment options available for men who have stress urinary incontinence. SUI is bladder leakage that occurs upon coughing, sneezing or exertion.
Stress incontinence can be a side effect of treatment for prostate cancer (radical prostatectomy or radiation therapy) or other pelvic surgery that results in damage to the urinary sphincter.
Nonsurgical ways to improve or manage stress urinary incontinence include lifestyle modifications such as limiting caffeine and alcohol; pelvic floor muscle exercises (called Kegel exercises); absorbent pads; external penile clamps; and indwelling catheters or condom catheters. For men with very occasional, mild bladder leakage, these approaches are reasonable.
For men with mild, moderate and server leakage, surgical treatments are available. The male sling system involves the surgical placement of a mesh material that acts a hammock, repositioning and supporting the urethra (urine tube) to help restore normal bladder control. The sling has the highest success rates in men with mild to moderate SUI. The operation to place the mesh sling takes place in a day-surgery setting. Most men have bladder control immediately following the procedure. Success rates of 54.6-90.6 percent have been reported in clinical studies.
For men with moderate to sever stress urinary incontinence, a surgical device called an artificial urinary sphincter or AUS may be appropriate. The AUS consists of three parts: a pump that is implanted in the scrotum; a cuff, similar to a blood pressure cuff, that is fitted around the urethra (urine tube); and a balloon reservoir that is filled with saline (salt water). The cuff is inflated and pressurized with saline from the reservoir. When a man wants to urinate, he receives the same “gotta go” sensation as normal. In the restroom, the man squeezes the pump in the scrotum to release the pressure from the cuff and allow urine to pass through the urethra. After urinating, the cuff re-pressurizes automatically so that the man remains dry. The operation to place the artificial urinary sphincter takes place in a day-surgery setting. After six to eight weeks, when the body has healed from the operation, men return to the urologist’s office so that the doctor can activate the device and teach the patient how to use it. Published clinical studies show that 59-90 percent of men used 0-1 pads per day after the procedure.
Both the artificial urinary sphincter and the male sling system are completely concealed in the body and provide discreet urinary control.
Dr. LeRoy Jones performs several dozen male sling and artificial urinary sphincter operations each year and is among the top 1 % of urologists who perform more than 80 prosthetic urological procedures each year. Dr. Jones’ practice is part of Urology San Antonio in San Antonio, TX. www.urologysanantonio.com
This lecture was given in three parts.
This video is Part 2
View Part 1 – Treatments for Erectile Dysfunction here: http://youtu.be/JhfBgkTsFfo
View Part 3 – Richard’s Story here: http://youtu.be/tfVLS-JYNSs
- Zytenz – Top Male Enhancement Supplement Pills
- Zynev Male Enhancement
- You Got Mail Enhancement + LYRICS [Official] by PSYCHOSTICK
- Yoga For Healthy Sexual Life | Baba Ramdev Yoga | English
- Yodi Penis enlargement, hips and bums, +27784445164, Early ejaculation control pills
- Yodi Penis enlargement, Hips and bums +27784445164, Early ejaculation control pills
- Xzen 1200 Sexual Enhancer for Men. Awesome penis pills
- XTRA LRG – BREAST AND PENIS ENLARGEMENT PILLS COMEDY SKIT | FEARLESS TV FTV
- Xanogen: Proven Male Enhancement
- Xanogen & HGH – Male Enhancement Review
- World’s Strongest Penis!!!!
- Worlds Dumbest #51: Natural Male Enhancement
- Women Prefer Men With Larger Penis! Discover How To Enlarge Your Penis Using Your Hands Only!
- Women Prefer Bigger Penises For One Night Stands
- Why You Need “SEX FOODS” (Not Just “Penis Exercises”) In Order To SUCCEED With Penile Enlargement
- Why You Need Sex Foods (Not Just “Penis Enlargement Exercises”) To SUCCEED With Penile Enhancement